Maybe women were right after all these years. Carrying stuff in a purse is much, much easier than stuffing everything in your pants pockets. I know I don’t have enough room to carry the whole lot of items I use daily such as cell phones and laptops, to keys and wallets. Men have a lot of things to haul around sometimes. That may be one of the reasons why men everywhere are beginning to copy women and carrying around men’s bags for all that “stuff”.
Forget about that antiquated notion that carrying a bag is just for women and a fancy way of saying carrying a purse. What do you think that briefcase of yours is? If briefcases are OK for men to carry around then there should be no reason why other bags with classic elements, like messenger bags, can’t be an accepted accessories for today’s modern man. Here are a few of the most popular, classic bag styles that can be mixed and matched with both business and casual wardrobes.
- Briefcase – When it comes to acceptable handbags for men, there is no other more famous that the good old briefcase. The briefcases used today are a far-cry from the ones used by our fathers and grandfathers. These new briefcases are no longer boxy shaped and don’t have those sharp corners but use a more rounded edge. They still employ the use of buckles, leather exterior, and practical interior compartments making this bag a staple for the working-man’s wardrobe.
- Messenger bag – The slick looking messenger bag was designed and modeled after the bags traditionally carried messengers throughout history. They are normally made from a canvas material and worn swung across your shoulder. These bags have become a big part of urban fashion. The men’s messenger bag has a laidback style to go with a classic, casual flair, while the leather messenger tote screams uptown sophistication.
- Holdall – A real man of travel needs to own a holdall for those exciting weekend getaways or out of state business trips. What was once considered big and bulky has become transformed into a sleek and stylish carryall. The design for these bags was inspired by the duffel bag believe it or not. Now thanks to a largely leather exterior and more refined appearance it took on more of a classic look than a practical one.
- Tote – The tote is this generations take on the classic briefcase. It closely resembles an artisan’s bag with the maximum in casual business attire. It has a pretty basic design with soft leather exterior giving it that classic look. It employs the use of long handles giving it an edge of contemporary. This kind of man’s bag will add a touch of casual masculinity to any casual work wear.
- Newsboy bag – The newsboy bag is one of those classic styles that are forever timeless. It is almost synonymous with men’s casual wear. Similar to s messenger bag’s style, its traditional exterior of canvas gives it less formality than a messenger bag. The newsboy bag is great for students and workers on the go, leaving a fashion statement mark on anyone who sees it.